All Android devices ship with a recovery console that is basically a partition on the device’s internal memory and can be booted into. The stock recovery of almost all Android devices provides a few basic yet handy options that allow you to factory reset your device and also to recover its operating system using an official ROM in zip format, but that’s all you can do with it. That’s where a custom recovery comes handy.
A custom Android recovery basically replaces the stock recovery with one that lets you do all you can do with the stock recovery, plus a plethora of more options to give you a lot more control on your device. With a custom recovery, you can install official and unofficial ROMs as well as other updates including apps, themes, kernels etc. using zip files, wipe not just user data but pretty much every partition on your device, mount the storage card for USB mass storage access without leaving recovery, partition your SD card, wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats, fix permissions, perform, manage and restore backups and so on.
ClockworkMod – also known as Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery.ClockworkMod recovery is one of the most widely used custom Android recoveries that is available for most mainstream Android devices. It is our custom recovery of choice here at Addictive Tips and almost every custom ROM that we install on our devices is done using this recovery.
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.05 on Galaxy Mini/Pop [GT-S5570]:
1. First of all download thes files:
Tass Recovery CWM
2. Download and install KIES from official Samsung KIES website or you can simple Google it. (If u already got KIES pass this step) [Note: We need KIES for the latest USB drivers]
3. OK Now Ready for Installation, Make sure that your phone is 70% charged. Now turn off your phone and open Odin Application.
4. Enter Downloading Mode on your phone, press VOLUME DOWN KEY, OK BUTTON and POWER BUTTON at the same time, then you will be entered in download mode on your phone.
5. Connect the USB cable, now in Odin at COM PORT MAPPING should appeare the USB cable as connected(COM1,COM2........ etc).
6. Load the OPS file that you have downloaded previously OPS on Odin and select TASS_v1.0.ops
7. Now make sure that in the ODIN the only boxes that are checked are ONE PACKAGE, AUTO REBOOT , RESET TIME and PROTECT OPS after you have checked on "Select Integrated Package" Click on One Package and load "tass-recovery-cwm.tar".
8. Press START, now u have to wait for sometime. It must say above the COM connection PASS on a blue backgroud to disconnect the USB cable and u are done. !!EVEN IF THE PHONE BOOTS UP DON'T DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE,WAIT FOR THE PASS SCREEN!!
9. After you got "Pass" reboot your phone to recovery mode there you will see new recovery for your phone ClockworkMod Recovery V4.0.05 with more function.
Well Done !!! You Got New Recovery Mode for Your Galaxy Mini/PoP [GT-S5570]
Disclaimer: None of the files shown here are hosted or transmitted by this server. The links are provided solely by this site’s users. All references are copyright to their respective owners. Pinoyxtreme.com is not responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. Pinoyxtreme.com is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.